How to Review Press approval Sheets
Here are some things to look for when reviewing a press sheet during a press inspection.
- Make sure the printer used the right paper. Check for weight, color, gloss, etc.
- Check to make sure all the colors are correct and accurate.
- Check crossovers by folding the sheet as it will be folded during finishing. Make sure everything lines up correctly.
- Compare the press sheet to the final proof to make sure any edits or changes you submitted have been made and that no new errors have been introduced.
- Check for broken or blurry type.
- Check for consistency in color.
At the end of the inspection you will sign off on a contract proof which the printer will use to print the remainder of your job. Make sure to keep a copy of the sheet you signed off on.
HOME - ©2009 PrintQuotesDirect.com